So I started the day with Sea Slug. It is a short quest, and I don't think I took more than 45 minutes to complete it. All I had to do was walk around a lot, and look for this lady's son and husband.

Using the crane on the fishing platform, off the coast of Witchaven.
After that, I started on my second quest, Wanted. The great evil mage Solus Dellagar was on the loose and the White Knights hired me to track him down. It was simple enough, pretty straightforward.

After a long chase, Solus was finally cornered, and my backups arrived. But they died and I had to kill Solus myself.

Despite being a very powerful mage, Solus Dellagar looks nothing more than a hobo.
The last quest to do was The Slug Menace. It was also straightforward, but quite lengthy. Anyway toward the end, the system update notice popped out. I had a full ten minutes, and I was already on the last leg of the quest, so I decided to just get it over with. After killing a giant slug, there was a cutscene where this evil mother slug (or.. something) would come out and try to kill me, only to have my trusty White Knight advisor Savant tele me to safety.
However, there was a very real sense of urgency. By the time I killed the giant slug and the mother made her appearance, there was 38 seconds till the update. I feared that if the update interrupted my cutscene, I would have to repeat a very long and annoying part of the quest. So I spam-clicked my way through the dialogue, only to find myself in this situation:

Savant had tele-ed me at the exact same time the system updated! After a bout of lagging (and updating) I logged back on, to find myself safely in Falador, just like the guide said. I spoke to Sir Tiffy, and shock horror, the game didn't register my killing of the slug.

We 'are engaging'?!
Luckily when I re-entered the dungeon (where the slug is), the cutscene repeated immediately and I finished the quest without hassle.
After doing these White Knight-based quests, I thought about the knights' names. There's Sir Amik Varze (ceramic vase), Sir Vyvin (surviving) etc, but what's the pun in Sir Tiffy Cashien?
Edit: D'oh I was reading the Runescape Wiki and now I know Sir Tiffy Cashien = certification.

No comments:
Post a Comment