Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Ninety Nine and Reminiscent

Just now I saw Tiz with his new 3-digit combat level. Congratulations Tiz! I'm very happy for you, truly I am, but it's a matter of 4 days (I predict!) that I catch up. Hehe naw just joking, it will be in 2 days.

Seeing a good friend get a 3 digit combat level is quite... er.. memory triggering. I remember some years back when I discovered Tim had gotten the big one-double-o, I was so shocked. To me, the extreme elite of Runescape were those who had 100+ combat. I remember when I just started, my only goal in Runescape was to get to 100 combat. Imagine the possibilities! You could call everyone a noob!

Photobucket
Well I am very close to 100 in P2P now, I'm sure my strength level would provide the small boost I need to ditch the 99, eh hehehe.

My 99 journey has been a truly long one. I kept on getting bored with Rs, but hey I was F2P , who could blame me. Once, after a long hiatus, my friend took me to the giant's den to meet his friend, who was in his 70s. We talked about getting bored on Rs, and he said to me, "Wait till you get to my level". Yeah.. I always remember irrelevant moments like this. Another example would be, I was walking in my old school when I happily thought to myself "Yay I'm level 50".

Then there came the period Rs was starting to get permanantly stale. I was about level 70, ready to succumb to the words of the friend's friend, when Tiz suggested we start a clan together with his friend Formi. I was under the impression that it would be just us 3 in the clan. I was very reluctant when Tiz suggested we make a clan forum, who knew it'd turn out to be my Runescape sustainer! Well, part of it anyway.

On the first and third day (I think) of our clan forum, Demon-girl66 and Demonloard9 popped out from nowhere, and both of them stayed with us since. Talk about beginner's luck yeah. When we went into our first year as Blessings, a lot of 'tards came and went. A few of them were, however, arguably less-stupid, and we now know them as clan members. Just kidding guys. You're all not that stupid. No don't leave the clan I was just messing.

Ah, back then we had a level 40, and the load of us were level 60. Now we're all aiming at 99 stats, and most of us are in custody of the Vortex God. It's hard not to look back and gasp loudly at how far we've come.

No comments: