Monday, March 31, 2008

New Test Results

For those of you who give Jagex a sum of money every month and want to train combat, here's the place for you!

As you know, loyal reader, I've been training with the ogres (east of Castle Wars) since 78 strength. Last time I conducted tests to find out how much exp I get per minute with these ogres with 79 strength and a dragon long, and I got an average of 469 strength exp. However since upgrading my levels and weapon, I now get a whopping 263% more exp than before! No just kidding I wasn't that sure how to calculate the percentage.

So, with:

85 strength
71 attack
A dragon scimitar

I get an average of 565.7 strength exp per minute while training on the ogres on top of the hill. It used to be 469 with a dragon long and 78 (around there anyway) strength.

Anyway the real news is this; when training at the ogres below the hill (the more grassy area closest to the moat) I got a whole lot more exp than when I trained with the ogres on the top of the hill. It's probably because the ogres at the bottom are aggresive (they attack you before you attack them).

Under the same conditions (except location) I got an average of 642.4 strength exp per minute. Also for you summoning junkies - the ogres here drop charms. However the area here is more often than not more crowded than the ogres at the top of the hill. The availability of the ogres is a very important key in the rate at which you gain exp (you can get as low as 200 exp per minute without a constant supply of them) so if there are 3 people hogging the ogres at the bottom of the hill don't bother staying.

Getting there is also very easy. Just tele to Castle Wars (made easy with a ring of dueling), cross the bridge heading south and walk east. If all else fails, check your map. People should really learn to do this, y'know.

No comments: