Are you cheap? Since I started playing Runescape in April 2004 I have never not picked up drops. Ever.
If I kill something I definitely would pick up the drops. In extremely rare circumstances that I feel I should not take the drop (e.g. I am almost dying and damn monkeys are attacking me) I will have a short debate with myself on whether I should head back and get the drop.
Also while farming, I always always pick up all my harvests, and if possible, other people's unwanted harvests. Except weeds, though. I always take them even if it means having to make a bank trip so I have space to harvest that last tomato from the plot.
I think it is partially because killing monsters provided 99% of my income when I was F2P. I've only merchanted once, it was rune armour, and I did a horrible job at it. 1 hour in the bank and no buyers, so I had to sell it back at original price. Of course that was before the GE came out. Anyway recently, I bought rune armour because I thought I might need it for a quest but didn't in the end. So, I went to put it at the GE for 2k more than I got it for. There were no buyers after quite a bit, so I sold it back at original price as before.
However since recently I had some success with the market - ranarr farming. First time in my life I saw my money double itself almost overnight (if you don't count the days I spent farming all 50 seeds). Soon I wasn't walking from Varrock to Ardougne anymore (yep, twice, and then back!). Nope, I was using actual law runes to tele.
Since making my first profit from selling ranarrs, I've been rolling in dough. Well not really, but I had the freedom to purchase a whip whenever I wanted, and still have money left over. The last time I spent on something so extravagant was when I bought my rune (t) armour. It cost me 1 mil, and I felt the heart ache for a few days. With the whip, I felt it for 2 minutes.
And then came on my discovery of selling my crap every once in a while. I could make a good 100k each time for doing so, and it comes as often as once every 3 days. Soon I began teleing to Ardougne from Catherby (I would have considered it sinful to do so previously, I mean come on they're just next to each other) and using my duelling rings without a thought of consideration first.
However the last time I sold a batch of ranarrs (I sell them 250 at a time) was on 23rd February, a good month ago. The prices of seeds have soared (last time I checked anyway) and I decided to stop the farming for a while and concentrate on a previous money-making scheme failure - toadflax seeds.
Ah well, I still live on my sold crap (big bones mostly, from the ogres I've been fighting since the last I could remember), and it's very good for me considering my standards of money-making. I don't believe I will ever become a crazy party hat dealing mogul with 999 million in my bank and always leaving my drops on the floor. No, may the cheapness be within me forever.
So to answer my question, yes I am cheap.
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment